Massage is one of the oldest forms of medical treatment. Athletes have been using massage since the first Olympic Games. Deep localised pressure techniques, stretching and broad massage movements are essential components of sports massage. It is tailored to meet individual sport needs.
Whether you exercise, play sport to keep fit or compete from club to international level, sports massage may have something to offer you:
- promotes faster recovery from hard training
- identifies areas of micro-scarring
- promotes recovery from injury
- assists in removal of metabolic waste
- decreases muscle tension and helps improve flexibility
- prevents delayed onset muscle soreness
- improves lymphatic drainage and lymphatic flow
- Sports massage can be beneficial during training, pre- and post- competition and to prevent injury.
Sports Massage at Posture Dynamics
At Posture Dynamics sports massage is often integrated with the treatments from our osteopaths. Please see our Sports Performance clinic for more information on this specialist clinic.